This was an issue when trying to setup a scheduled job in DPM, you can run reports but you can’t set an automatic report.
System Center Data Protection Manager 2012 R2
SQL Server installed locally with DPM 2012 R2
Error ID 3001:- Reporting Services Server cannot connect to the DPM database
when configure reporting schedule.
1. Open the reports server that were installed: http://<HOSTNAME>/Reports_MSDPM2012/
2. Click on the “DPMReports_fh7f734hfywefs” (your link will be different)
3. Click on DPMReporterDataSource so you can see the properties.
4. Click on the “Properties” tab on the left.
5. For the connect using: change this to:
Password: <whatever you put in your installer for DPM 2012>
Tick the box for “Use as Windows Credentials when connecting to the data source.”
6. Now test the connection, and click Apply. Try again and you should be good to go.